One day a year, people get dressed up as their favorite character, superhero or fantasy figure. Halloween is not just for kids anymore as many adults are getting in on the fun and hosting their own Halloween costume parties. And we all know that a costume is not complete unless the look is just right – wearing Halloween contact lenses will do the trick.
Many people are not familiar with Halloween contact lenses. Here, you will learn all how to put them on, take them off, and how to care for them.
Putting on Halloween Contact Lenses
It is important to know how to use a product properly. So, the steps below can help you to put on Halloween contact lenses appropriately, safely and without difficulty.
1. Wash your hands and dry them with a lint-free towel. Although this action might seem like an obvious step, it is often forgotten or omitted. Wet fingers can stick to the lens, making manipulation a difficult task.
2. Do not work directly over an unplugged sink as you can easily drop one of the lenses down the drain. If a lens accidentally ends up in the sink, simply disinfect it before continuing.
3. Put the lens and the storage fluid in the palm of your hand. Examine the lens to make sure there are no particles on it or tears.
4. Place the lens on your dry index finger, cup side up, and bring it to your eye, while pulling down your lower eyelid with your middle finger.
5. Apply the lens to your pupil, let go of the lower lid, and blink a few times.
1. Again, wash and dry your hands thoroughly before handling the contact lenses.
2. Have your cleansing solution and lens case close at hand.
3. Touch the lens with your index finger and slide it to the corner of your eye in order to gently fold it and remove it.
4. Once the lenses are removed, place them in the palm of your hand so you can clean them.
Every time you wear your contact lenses, it is imperative that you clean and disinfect them to avoid any problems.
1. Wash and dry your hands.
2. Put the lens in the palm of your hand and add several drops of solution.
3. Using your index finger, slightly rub one side of the lens against the palm of your hand, then turn it over and repeat on the other side.
4. Rinse the lens with more contact lens solution.
Storing Halloween Contact Lenses
1. Fill your case with contact lens disinfection solution and place your lenses in the case.
2. Keep the lenses in the disinfection solution for at least 6 hours to ensure an adequate disinfection process.
Tips for First-Time Users
•If you have never worn contact lenses before, it is a good idea to wear them a few times before the actual day of your Halloween party in order to allow your eyes to adapt to them. About a week before the party, start wearing your Halloween contact lenses for one hour, each day.
•Remember, the contact lenses should not be worn for more than six to eight hours at a time, and you should never sleep or take a nap while wearing lenses.
You can find Halloween lenses at most party stores, and online as well. So, if you really want to stand out at your Halloween party and grab everyone’s attention, complete your costume with a pair of Halloween contact lenses!
Johnny Valentine is an avid special effect contact lens user and connoisseur. He is the proud author of the website Special Effect Contact Lenses, and has always been intrigued by cinema’s art of deception.